Monday, December 21, 2009

hw 31

Me
Are there ever situations where you feel the need to make yourself bigger than another person?
I feel that I don't have to act big because since I am bigger them most girls my age people don't want to mess with me because they always think that I am mean or not as nice as the smaller girls. But I do feel that sometimes to get what I want I have to act the my the person wants me to act and not the way I would go about it. Like when I go on interviews I feel that I have to act really sweet and sometime what some would say act "white" and " black". Even the way I live I am put in to the mode that I acting. See where I live most black and spanish girls would say that I think that I higher them and that I think I am white. Whereas when I am going to school I think people see me as that black girl. Like they see we get off on 42 they look like what that is new. Or even when I am talked about with my family and their friends I knew for going to a school with white kids as well as black and people seem to look at me different because of that so I use it to get where I need to get.

Christian
Are there ever situations where you feel the need to make yourself bigger than another person?
For me, I think I'm more of a conformist because of the many identities I put up front, to fit in with the many different social scenes. I feel that this role of being the conformist is valid in the cool society because there are many different criteria's that cool requires, and by being one identity won't really get you far in the cool scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment