Monday, February 22, 2010

Homework 40

Part A
Jay
1. Do you feel that school is important? Why or why not ?
School is not really important because you can teach you how to read and write.
2. What is one thing you wish they would have taught when you was in school, and how would you learning that
changed how you are a person now?
They should have taught some more african american history in class so we could have learned more about our selves at a young age.
3.Do you think that teachers teach because they want to or because they have to?
Most teachers teach because they want to.
4. Should kids be home school?
I think yes but no. It depends on the job or career that the parents have but for the most part yes.

My Mom
1. Do you feel that school is important? Why or why not ?
Yes because that is where you have most of you social life with peers.
2. What is one thing you wish they would have taught when you was in school, and how would you learning that
changed how you are a person now?
I think that they should have taught more Black history because I feel that as a african american I and other people would have felt that we are just as important as the white kids.
3.Do you think that teachers teach because they want to or because they have to?
I think that teachers teach because they have to pay rent, bills and buy food.
4. Should kids be home school?
Yes, I think the child will learn more. It will be one on one service which some children need. And most children that are home school go to college and do as good as kids that were not home school.

Nia
1. Do you feel that school is important? Why or why not ?
School is important because it helps you get closer to your goals depending on your desired profession.
2. What is one thing you wish they would teach in school, and how would you learning that
changed how you are a person now?
I wish that they would teach only subjects that we will use in the future. Like we should have math, science, english and history but like I am into dancing so they should have dance class or learning how to work at burger kings.
3.Do you think that teachers teach because they want to or because they have to?
I do think that teachers want to teach because being a teacher is an optional, therefore if they didn't want to teach they wouldn't have become teachers.
4. Should kids be home school?
Kids should have the optional to be home schooled because some kids don't work well in a social environment

Me
1. Do you feel that school is important? Why or why not ?
I feel that school is not as important that they try to make it. I mean reading writing and math is important but science and the extra math that we learn after 5 grade is not important to my life and for the job that i would like to have.
2. What is one thing you wish they would teach in school, and how would you learning that
changed how you are a person now?
I feel that they should more about taxes, how to make a relationship work, how to take care of yourselves, what to do if you lose your job. and then fun classes like singing dancing acting, and how to get your way out of trouble.
3.Do you think that teachers teach because they want to or because they have to?
I feel that some teachers are here to teacher because they love to do that but I do feel that there are teachers here because they had not other dreams.
4. Should kids be home school?
I think that kids should be home school after like the 7th grade but only if they want to but I do think that more kids should be home school to get that one on one time that they need.

Auntie Mone
1- I FEEL SCHOOL IS VERY IMPORTANT WITHOUT SCHOOL YOUR LEARNING AND UNDERSTANDING IS VERY LIMITED. THE WORLD IS A HARD PLACE TO LIVE IN AND SURVIVE, SO FOR A PERSON THAT CANNOT READ AND WRITE IT IS TWICE AS HARD.IF YOU DONT HAVE SOME KIND OF EDUCATION YOU WILL ALWAYS WORK IN LOW WAGE JOBS, IF YOU ARE EVEN ABLE TO FIND A JOB. WHEN YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF EDUCATION YOU HAVE MORE CHOICES IN LIFE. 
2- I WISH THE SCHOOL WOULD HAVE TAUGHT ME MORE ABOUT THE FEMALE BODY, AND JUST GROWING INTO A WOMAN, THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR AS I GOT OLDER. IF I COULD HAVE LEARNED MORE ABOUT THE FEMALE BODY, WHY THINGS HAPPEN, WHEN TO EXCEPT CHANGES IN THE BODY MASK, WHY WOMEN HAVE A PERIOD EVERYMONTH, JUST LITTLE SIMPLE THINGS IT WOULD HAVE MADE A DIFFERNCES IN MY LIFE BECAUSE WHEN THINGS WOULD HAVE STARTED TO HAPPEN I WOULDNT HAVE BEEN SCARED, OR SHY BECAUSE MY UNDERSTANDING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. 
3- I THINK ALOT OF TEACHERS TEACH BECAUSE THEY HAVE A PASSION AND A LOVE FOR TEACHING, AND BECAUSE THEY LOVE CHILDREN. BUT NOW DAYS IT IS REALLY HARD TO SAY BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT IS TAKING SO MUCH FROM TEACHERS, TO THEY ARE KILLING THEIR SPIRIT AND JOY THEY HAD FOR TEACHING, SO SOME TEACHERS NOW MIGHT JUST BE TEACHING TO MAKE A LIVING AND KEEP A ROOF OVER THEIR HEAD, AND THAT IS SAD. 
4- I THINK CHILDREN NEED TO BE IN SCHOOL, SO THEY CAN LEARN, DEVELOP SOCIAL- EMOTIONAL SKILLS, BUILD ON THEIR FINE AND GROSS MOTOR SKILLS, AT HOME WORKING ALONE THEY WILL  BE TEACHING THEMSELVES, THEY WILL HAVE NOONE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THEY MIGHT HAVE, AND IF THE CHILD DOESNT UNDERSATND WHAT THEY ARE DOING THEY WILL LOSS FOCUS



Part B
I feel that this interviews did not help me as much ah you wanted them to help but I do feel that i learned a little to take me to the next step. I saw that older african americans wished they taught more african american history where my age group wants more help to get through in life. I think that what I want to find out more is why are we told one thing but at the same time are told something total different. Like we are told that we should get good grades but at the same time that is not all schools worry about. Or we are told to to care but put yourselves before other. I also want to know how do we know that the things that we were taught are real facts. But at the as time I feel that i want to know so much that I don't know what to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment