Sunday, October 25, 2009

hw 14

From reading the two short excerpts the first short excerpt was talking about T.V. About how people think that tv is not good for you but it is not. The first excerpts was tlking about how watching tv can challenge your mind. That some of the things that we watch do not tell you everything right away, that you have to watch it and think about is going to happen next or even think about what it really means.
The second excerpt was talking about video games. It was saying that games are not bad for us. It talked about how people who read more do more with their time, where as people who do not readt waste their time doing nothing.What was brought up was what is games came before books and then books came along how would people react to that. whould they still think that books are better or would they think that books did not help kids at all.
Reading these excerpts made me see that I agree. While reading feed and talking in class I never really thought about my thoughts that much. I kind of let others people thoughts be my thought, not really knowing if that is what I thought. Or I thought that it did not matter to me, but frome reading this I feel that people just what thing to stay the same and change. I think that people are not use to or ready for change. I think that reading is important but it doesn't open peoples mind like tv and video games. Also I disagree with the study that was talked about in the second where people who read more do more with their time. I feel that people who read are so busy reading they would not be able to understand things that do not go the way books go.

No comments:

Post a Comment